How can we help you today? Or if you would prefer to speak to us directly, call 800-688-6359
AMMCO® Brake Lathe 4000E Combination Disc and Drum
- Model #
- Part #
Combination Brake Lathe with variable speed and electronic variable feed for Brake Drums and Rotors, Less Adapters, (Must be Purchased with a Bench Lathe Adapter Kit)
The AMMCO® 4000E Combination Disc and Drum Brake Lathe is the ultimate in finish control, right at your fingertips, from the leader in brake service.
Rotor refinishing is more complex today than ever before. So it’s critical that speed and feed combinations be optimized to provide the best. Now you have control over the entire process and can make adjustments that, before now, were only dreamed about. Plus, the 4000E is the easiest to use and most ergonomic lathe on the market. Even new operators can quickly turn rotors perfectly like seasoned professionals.
Custom Digital Finishes
That's right, welcome to the age of digital refinishing.The AMMCO® 4000E is easily adaptable to any rotor or drum material available today or tomorrow. By digitally controlling the feed rates, it’s easier to find that sweet spot for your particular application that gives you the highest possible quality finish available. Integrated positive rake tool bits allow for precision turning, with reduced chatter to produce superior machined surfaces every time.
Shift On The Fly
The 4000E is the first lathe with an integrated synchronous gearbox and shifter. Now you can choose the speed that makes the most sense for your workpiece, right at your fingertips. No more awkward reaching behind the machine for adjustments. And its perfect for taming those unexpectedly shrill composite rotors.
Increased Capacity for Larger Jobs
The 4000E is engineered to handle light truck and SUV applications. In fact, the one-inch, heat forged arbor allows you to machine those larger, heavier jobs up to 200 lb.! And with the optional “F” adapter kit, the range of heavier and splined rotor assemblies you can machine is very wide. So now you can service an increased volume of heavier work, and virtually any other application that rolls in. All AMMCO® brake lathes are precision tools that cut to one-thousandth of an inch tolerances. With today’s more sensitive vehicles, this helps ensure customers get smooth braking and complete satisfaction.
- Custom digital finishes – By digitally controlling the feed rates, it’s easier to find that sweet spot for your particular application, giving you the highest possible quality finish available.
- Shift on the fly 3-speed – The 4000E is the first lathe with an integrated, synchronous gearbox and shifter. Now you can choose the speed that makes the most sense for your work piece, right at your fingertips.
- Forged alloy steel arbor – Two tapered mounting surfaces add stability and handle up to 200 lb.
- Feed slide protection keeps travel surfaces free of dirt and chips.
- Positive rake tool bits allow for low-pressure, precise turning that produces superior machined surfaces with less chatter, every time; negative rake tool bits are also included.
- Solid twin cutter tool simultaneously resurfaces both sides of rotor.
- Micrometer-precise depth-of-cut dials embossed in metal and calibrated in both thousandths of an inch and tenths of a millimeter; easy reset to zero.
- Extended spindle increases drum capacity to 9.875".
- Full-drum support hex boring bar guarantees correct tool angle for drums.
|Shipping Weight||4 lbs.|
|Type||Rotor & Drum|
|Tool Bits (shipped with)||Both|
|Application||Car & Medium Truck|
|Standard Max Arbor Capacity||200 lbs|
|Spindle Speed||100,150, 200 RPM|
|Spindle Bearings||Bronze Sleeve|
|Rotor Feed Rate||Variable, .001” to.018”/REV|
|Max Rotor Thickness||1.875"|
|Max Rotor Face Width||3-3/4"|
|Max Rotor Diameter||14.5"|
|Max Drum Diameter||No|
|Max Drum Depth||9.875"|
|Double Taper Arbor||Yes|
|Flywheel Service Capable||Yes|
|Drum Feed Rate||Variable|
|Heavy Duty Max Arbor Capacity||No|